Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Crazy Quilt Button Hearts

These Crazy Quilt Button Hearts took me a little bit longer to finish than they normally do.  I hand crocheted the trim for each one and then sewed that on by hand:




The maples leaves are metal leaves from a candle holder arrangement that I bought at a garage sale a few years ago for a dollar or 2..  My husband cut the leaves off for me and primed them with car primer and then I hand painted them with acrylic paint. 

Most of the buttons are vintage although a few are newer and I made the beaded dangles to go with each heart.  So these are done and in my Etsy shop.

I still have to finish up the last 2 purses that I made and I have to sew up some new blocks so I have something to stitch on when I finish up the little gifts that I'm working on.  Yes, I will share them but not until later this year.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

They are so cute.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think I have some of those metal leaves in my stash somewhere too and I know they would have been from a yard sale. Wonder if it's the same candle holder!!

Abby / Linda said...

Gorgeous! Think I will check them out in your shop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails