Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Black Crazy Quilt Purse

I apologize for my absence the past few days.  There's a lot of things to do this time of year.  I started trimming my yard back but still have some plants and Rose Of Sharon trees left to trim.  I haven't seen a hummingbird in over a week so I'll go out this afternoon and bring my feeders in.  I have all the windows done except for the living room so that's on my schedule for next week.

In the meantime, I finished up the black Crazy Quilt purse that I was working on.  Well, the stitching done.  I'm planning on sewing it together tomorrow:

And here are some closeup photos of the seam embroidery and bead work that I did:

I made the rose from a piece of velvet upholstery trim.

I satin stitched the flowers on this lace applique.  The flower buttons were a bit bright so I painted them with a pearly pink nail polish to soften them up a bit.

As I mentioned, I plan to sew this piece together tomorrow.

I've been stitching on some cellphone pouches so I'll have photos of those soon too.  And, for my students, Lesson 9 will be available soon!  Here's a sneak peek:

Would you like to see the first 9 blocks together?  Here you go!

The first 8 lessons of my online crazy quilt class are available at Magcloud.  Lesson 9 will be available shortly.  I'll will let you know when Jason has it uploaded.






1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nail polish is an invaluable tool for stitchers - I find lots of uses for it, and none of them involve my nails. Your purse is looking gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails