Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Crazy Button Quilt

If you've been following my blog for a few years, you may remember the button Crazy Quilt that I was working on before I got sick.  Each of the 25 6 inch blocks featured button clusters and some of my fancier buttons.  When I got sick, I couldn't do much of anything much less put a quilt together so the blocks have been sitting in my closet for over 2 years now.

I thought about them the other day and even mentioned the button quilt in my blog post yesterday.  The quilt kept popping into my mind and I finally realized why!

I'm teaching a Crazy Quilt class in May on how to work with my Elegant Crazy Quilt Seam Treatments.  It occurred to me that I should take that quilt with me since most of the seams are worked with the charted borders from my Ebook.

When I got back from town this morning, I pulled those blocks out and squared them up:

I probably won't get around to the assembly process until this coming weekend but it feels good to have taken the first step with it.  I have everything I need to finish it and it will indeed be a good example to take with me when I teach my class!

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Pam! This is so beautiful! I'm so happy you were able to get back to this, the colors, stitching, embellishments, and button work blew me right away!!

Mary Ivancicts said...

Pam ~ that is beautiful! Would make a wonderful wall hanging.

Anonymous said...

Pam it is gorgeous!!!! You did a splendid job. Look forward to seeing it when it is all finished!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail(dot)com

Kim B said...

Thats great Pam! I cant wait to see, I wish I was closer so I could take your class. I hope its nice and sunny there. Have a great week. Hugs, Kim
PS, I didnt realize you started blogging years ago.

Jules said...

Now that's gonna be a very nice looking quilt when finished!

Sheila said...

Once again, a beautiful piece. I can't imagine trying a quilt this big, but I will eventually. Thanks for continuing to inspire me.

FredaB said...

Hi Pam

You have worked the colors in beautifully on the button blocks.
It looks really good put together.

I think this is the hardest part - arranging the blocks by color.

Where are you teaching in May and when in May?

Hugs

FredaB

wendy said...

Your quilt is beautiful!

Cathy said...

Hi Pam! Oh, I am so thrilled that you are resurrecting this quilt! I loved those blocks and have so many of them in my inspiration file (along with my printed-out copy of your wonderful e-book). I can`t wait to see it finished!! Hugs to you and Mom... Cathy

Ruby said...

Sometimes you need to listen when you're 'talking' to yourself! That's going to be a lovely quilt and a great resource for teaching.

Sheila said...

Pam, its beautiful. Would love to live closer to take a class with you. I want to learn to cq.
Take care!

Lori said...

Pam! love your button quilt! bright colors, all the buttons, matching blocks! great job!

debi said...

I am in awe of your beautiful creations Pam! You are so very creative and talented!

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see this quilt in person Pam, and I'm so happy you're bringing it to our class in May!

Related Posts with Thumbnails