Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring Is In The Air!!!

It's going to be a lovely sunny day here.  I noticed that the Cardinal birds are just starting to sing their Spring song!  Oooh, there is a light at the end of Winter's tunnel!

I have loads of things to share today.  I spent yesterday afternoon photographing our newest projects.

First are my Crazy Quilt Trinket Boxes:

 

I just love pink & green together!  So soft and feminine!
Next are my little PEEP EGGS:


 

I hand-painted some paper mache eggs, added vintage lace, string pearls, some forgetmenot flowers and glitter!  They're sitting in a little nest of moss.
I also made a couple of little grapevine wreaths for Spring:


 

I used vintage greeting cards for the background scenery.  And of course, everything I make has to have glitter on it!
Mom too has been busy as a bee.  She made 3 Puffy Pincushions.  These are the combined efforts of mom & dad really.  Dad made the wood bases and then mom did the rest:


 

I don't know how mom came up with the idea for these.  I love the aqua one.  Mom asked if I could spare 3 vintage mother-of-pearl buttons for this project.  Ha, ha, ha!!!  I told mom I have enough vintage buttons to last through to my next lifetime!  Of course, it doesn't stop me from buying more.  
And here is mom's Bird On A Victorian Box:


 

Isn't that pretty?  It's purely decorative and just so sweet!  Mom got the idea from those little Victorian images of boxes filled with flowers with a bird sitting on top.

So those are our newest projects!  I have more here to photograph but I ran out of steam yesterday.  I'll share those things over the weekend.  

For today, I'm heading over to mom's to play!  I have a ton of projects there that need finishing.  Lot's of Easter and Spring things.  It really helps to get through  the Winter months by making Spring things.

And speaking of Spring, I am planning on starting Block #8 of my Garden Crazy Quilt this week.  I've really done well with my timing.  Only 2 blocks to go on my Winter project and a month left until Spring.  Well, according to my calender, Spring starts on March 1st but that's my calender!

I received a lovely package of goodies from Judy S. yesterday so I'll share photos over the weekend.  Pretty things!  And I want to leave a quick note to Froggy, please drop me an email so I have your email address.

Ok, it's time to get myself together so I can go to mom's.  She has Hazelnut Decaf Coffee.  Yum!  On my way there, I plan to keep my eyes open for Robins!

BTW - if you enjoy reading my blog, please join in as a follower!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Pam,

Wow lots of adorable springy items today. Love the little eggs with the pink chicks and your Mom's idea is just adorable. Our minds never cease to create, do they?

Have a great weekend.

xo Cathy

Judy S. said...

Looks like you've been really busy creating more pretty things, Pam. Isn't it amazing how a little sunshine can raise your spirits? it's been really nice here the last couple of days too. Have a nice weekend!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If spring isn't in the air outdoors, it certainly is on your blog! Glad you're hearing the cardinals...Jack is just now putting a new block of suet into the feeder. The one we've had in there the past couple of weeks the chickadees don't like. Hope they'll like this flavour better!

Lilla said...

Pam, I see you like glitter. Me too, but in certain places only.
Love the embroidery and CQ you do
aloha Lilla

Related Posts with Thumbnails