Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Little Girl With Doll Purse Continued

I've been working on the beading on this project:

Little Girl With Doll Purse

I'll be working on that lace applique next.

I was asked how I go about painting my lace. It's actually quite simple. I use Dyna-flow dye by Jacquard. I wet my lace, mix my colors (watering them down a bit) and then using a small paint brush, I pick up some color and dab the brush onto the lace allowing the wet lace to pull the color from the brush. I do this on some paper towels so they absorb the excess water.

Once I'm happy with how it looks, I dry my pieces in the microwave. Generally at 50% power for only 30 seconds at a time until it's dry.

Remember, that it will dry lighter than it appears when it's wet!

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

Just gorgeous!!!! That is looking fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails