Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

An Interesting Discovery

Scott and I went over to my parents house for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Mom hadn't seen my Crazy Quilt book yet, nor had she seen my little crazy quilt that I bought at the flea market two weeks so I took those with me.

While looking at the quilts in my book, we discovered that this little embroidered frog on my quilt:

Frog 1

is the same exact frog as on this quilt in my book:

Frog 2

They're reversed, but it's the same pattern. Was I at all surprised with this discovery? No. Embroidery patterns in the Victorian days were mass produced and "shared" almost as much as they are now. I just thought it was kind of cool!

2 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

That is, indeed, a fascinating discovery! Very cool!

loulee said...

Someone once told me that frogs are supposed to bring prosperity. Are there similar superstitions attached to other quilt embellisments?
I'm glad you're enjoying your book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails