Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Projects

I started on this block the other day:

Strawberry Block Day 2

The strawberry is appliqued using the freezer paper technique. After opening the back to pull the freezer paper out, I stuffed in a bit of poly fiberfill and then whip stitched the back closed.

The design is adapted from one of my vintage embroidery patterns. I plan to "paint" the strawberry, basically give it some shading and then add beads for the seeds but I'll wait until I'm almost done before doing that part.

I have to put this project down for a short time though, to do this project:

Basket Kitten 1

The first in a series of 3 "Basket Kittens" designs, I need to have this ready by June 3rd as it's already spoken for. I thought I'd better get it started but I forgot to scan it beforehand. Anyway, this is another 5 inch block and will be made into a doorknocker.

I'd like to thank Allison from "Works In Progress" for her suggestions on where to offer my work. I agree with her completely, that crazy quilting just isn't quite seen as an artform yet. So how do we crazy quilters bring this thought into awareness? I have some ideas and even a exciting opportunity thanks to my cross stitch background but I think we still need to comtemplate this question a bit more.

For the time being, I'll stick with my original plan and make my quilts available at Ebay and then my smaller things available in my Etsy shop. When I have some free time, I'll set up a gallery of my work at my website and offer to do commissioned pieces. Yes, I think that would be fun! And yes, I have been rolling the idea around in my head for awhile about teaching. That will take some planning though. Despite my charted design background, I've never had the desire to teach until now. Teaching the art of crazyquilting sounds very enjoyable!

And speaking of my charted design work, I'd better get to it! More later as I have lots of things to share!

2 comments:

The Mad Stitcher said...

Pam, sign me up as your first student. I really want to do a Crazy Quilt and have even gathered my supplies but now I just don't know where to start. I am afraid. Would love to see you up close and personal!

allie aller said...

See, Pamela? There is a market out there for CQ teachers.
Of course I am wondering what your cross-stitch related opportunity for marketing CQ is...!
You are really prolific! Always there is something new to see on your blog...really wonderful.
Keep moving forward!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails