Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Stash Additions

Well, I just told my husband last night, that I don't need anymore fabric. He of course, laughed at me and said, "Yeah, right!"

I was in WalMart today (I don't know if WalMart Stores are available outside the US or not. They're a discount chain store with a craft and fabric dept.) waiting for a prescription that should have been ready yesterday morning! While I was waiting, I found myself (what a surprise!) in the craft department and guess what? They just received some new fabrics!

I'm not sure what these are. They were marked 100% polyester. They are so beautiful! I bought a 1/2 yard of each color.

FabricStash1

I also thought I'd check the remnents bin and there I found what I thought was 2 pieces of cotton gingham.

FabricStash2

The blue one was only 15 cents and the aqua piece was 38 cents. It wasn't even marked as to how much was fabric was there. They were in clear plastic bags stapled shut.

Well, when I got them home and took them out of the bag, I was completely caught by surprise! These are not cotton, they feel and look more like silk! I'm hoping my mother will be able to tell what type of fabric they are. They have a lovely sheen to them. To top it off, the blue one is a 1/4 of a yard and the aqua one is a full yard! I couldn't believe it! So waiting for that prescription wasn't such a waste of time afterall!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails