Crazy Quilting, Cross Stitch and Embroidery Blog

Home Of CRAZY QUILT QUARTERLY MAGAZINE!


Add This To

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Pink Peacock - Another Day


Brown Block5
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, my current peacock, which suggested by Linda at Chloe's Place was probably once a white peacock but perhaps ate a bunch of red berries and turned pink, is coming along nicely!

As you can see, I added the peacock feather, using two strands of DMC floss and two strands of Kreinik Blending Filament in High Luster metallic gold.

I hand dyed the rose applique yesterday morning. That's now permanently attached and embellished with glass beads and a Swarovski crystal.

It's cloudy and drizzly here today, so instead of working on cross stitch design work, I think I'll take advantage of the grey day and continue on with this block.

2 comments:

Podkayne said...

Pam, love the pink peacock.

I do have one question though. How do you decide/know when a block is finished?

Enjoy working on the block today. Here, it's cloudy, but how. Right now it's around 84F, but with the humidity figured in, it feels like 99F

Pam Kellogg said...

I think I'll blog my reply to you. It's kind of a "feeling". You just know when it's enough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails