Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, July 18, 2005

My Vintage Style Apron


MyVintageApron
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, here it is! My vintage style apron based on a vintage pattern from Simplicity from 1946 for sheets and pillowcases. I adapted the pattern to fit the bottom of the apron.

The green fabric is appliqued by hand and then embroidered. I loved making this and now want to make more. Just what I need, one more thing I enjoy making!

Anyway, I laid out a plate, cup and saucer from my collection of vintage Jadite Fire King dinnerware so you could see how nice they work together. The green on the apron is a little more blue than the dishes but it's still so 1940!

Scott and I have been collecting the green Fire King for years. It all started with a cup & saucer because I liked the color. Now, we have a whole cabinet full and we use them for our everyday dishes as well as for company.

In fact, the trim in my kitchen is the same color. I painted everything white and then took a saucer to the hardware store and matched it up for all the trim. Maybe I'll ask Scott to take a few photos of the kitchen so you can see that. His photos seem to come out better than mine do!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Pam, that apron is so cute! My grandmother was an apron lover, she only took them off to go somewhere, lived in them daily. I could see that one in her collection.

I love the color choices, they go so nice together.

Grangry said...

Pam this is lovely, and beautifully made, as we would expect from you!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Thank you Janet & Kay Susan! I loved every stitch I put into this! I can't wait to make another one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails