Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, July 15, 2005

More Additions To The Pink Peacock Block


Brown Block7
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I did stitch on this yesterday, honestly! The obvious addition is the rose vine in the patch next to the tatting. The roses are not done with the Bullion Stitch but rather are what I call "chunky french knots". The FN's are worked with 3 strands of Needle Necessities overdyed floss and wrapped 6 times. It makes for a very 3 dimensional looking flower. It takes some patience as it's challenging to get the knots to lay nicely but I really like the effect.

I also worked on my vintage style apron. Now I want to make more! But I must finish this one first!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Yep - thse aprons could be seriously addictive. I am making myself stick to the one a month! But even before this craze I was fascinated by aprons as a canvas women have used in the past, when there was much less disposable income for framing art works.

Cannot wait for next month's theme.

sharonb said...

Love this block particularly the feather - great to see what you have been doing and yes I am back enjoying seing what everyones been up to.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Linda, yes aprons could be seriously addictive! I was looking at some patterns when I was up town today and I think I just may need to have one or two!

Sharon, you have no idea how glad I am that you're back! Looking forward to updates at your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails