Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Further Progress On Butterfly Block


Butterfly Block5
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
It's a shame that the scanner or camera can't pick up the sparklies!

I added alot of beads yesterday. Silver bugle beads to the silver braid, tiny delica beads here and there. I really wish you could see this in person!

I did some tatted flowers for the vine on the bottom right, added the fan stitch along the left side and added some beads to the vine at the top of the butterfly. Oh and then the bee!

The bee was a tack pin that I found a flea market earlier this Summer. It came in a little bag of misc. vintage pieces. My husband cut the pin off with some tool that he has and then ground the little stump from the pin off so it didn't catch on the fabric.

I still want to add some beads or crystals to the butterfly wings and I have two more seams to cover. I expect this block will be complete very soon!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I can see it, I can see it - there is a "something" in outline bottom centre that looks quite familiar. :)

Stunning block. :)

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Linda!

:) Yes, he's on all my blocks from now on!

Thanks!

Grangry said...

Oh!I think this is your best yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails