Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Butterfly Block Update


Butterfly Block3
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I think I forgot to tell you what fabrics I used on this block. The dark blue is crushed velvet, the grey is taffeta, the pink and the light blue are silks and the print in the center is cotton.

I didn't have alot of stitching time yesterday. I added the silver braid and covered the seam to the bottom right of the butterfly. I used 3 strands of a Needle Necessity hand dyed floss for the feather stitching. The french knots are made using some DMC #3 Perle Cotton that I hand dyed myself. That #3 makes really nice french knots! The white lace is vintage. It was in a shoebox full of vintage lace and crocheted piecses that I found at a flea market back in May. The pink ribbon has metallic gold on it. I'll be sewing that down today.

2 comments:

Grangry said...

Ooooooooh, Aaaaaaah!

Janet said...

I love those colors pam! they look so soft.

Related Posts with Thumbnails