Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Crazy Quilt Trinket Block Boyd's Bear Pin

My latest crazy quilt trinket block features a little Boyd's Bear pin:

Mom found the pin in her jewelry box but she hadn't worn it for awhile so she gave it to me to use on these squares.  It's quite heavy so I have it pinned on but also, I strung 3 small plain buttons with crochet thread and glued them to the back of the pin with E6000 Jewelry glue.  Once dry, I pulled the crochet threads to the back of the foundation and tied them on. That holds the pin in place and will help to keep the bear stable once this is sewn into a quilt.

2 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the block. Great how to tip to stabilize heavy items.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have a couple Boyd's bears in my stash too but haven't used them....yet. Interesting tip about how to attach them....thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails