Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Fabulous Flea Market Find

Last weekend, my in laws were here so we went up to the Flea Market in Wilmot Wisconsin.  It's just a hop, skip and a jump from where we live.  And a beautiful drive too!

Anyway, I found this gorgeous, beaded aqua Christmas sweater:

This sweater is loaded with beads and sequins. Look closely at the picture.  Those are little Christmas trees!  Here's a photo of the other side:

You're probably all thinking, what in the world is she going to do with that?!!  Well, I'm not wearing it! I love my glittery purses but I draw the line with those!  I plan to cut it up.  Or did you already guess that?

The first thing I did with it was to take the zipper out and then I clipped the lining out of it:

The lining too is a gorgeous shade of aqua so I plan to use that too!  And guess how much I paid for this!  $5.00!  That's it!  Just $5.00 for all those little Christmas trees!

I filled my kitchen sink with cold water and washed both pieces by hand.  I laid them out on a towel to air dry so now they're ready for.....well, whatever it is I come up with!  LOL!!!  Be sure to follow me.  You never know what I'll be doing next!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Score! There's tons of creativity to be had with this, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Have to admit I loved the christmas trees as a shirt.
The trees would look great with black velvet purse.

Hugs
Joan

Related Posts with Thumbnails