Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Student Block Lesson 6

The first student block of Lesson 6 has arrived in my inbox!  And it is a beauty!  This is Karin's Strawberry Fields block:

All elements are included!  Karin's appliqued strawberry is just lovely and it stands out perfectly on the white lace!  There are strawberry flowers here, free hand embroidered vines and check out that gorgeous spider web!!!  Not to mention the incredible spider!  And some lovely beadwork!

I am seeing some amazing results from my students!  The blocks are so well balanced, the techniques are perfectly executed and the creativity is shining through!  I so much look forward to receiving photos from each lesson.  Karin, this is beautiful.  You did good girl!

And speaking of crazy quilting, here are two of my finishes.  A couple of my Crazy Quilt Cat Dolls:


These two cats are gifts but I just sewed up a whole pile of them so there will be more!  And speaking of my cat dolls, it's come to my attention that some stitchers are trying to duplicate my cat doll pattern from my photos.  From now on, I will not post the works in progress of my cat dolls.  Only the finished cats.

I'd like to ask that if anyone becomes aware of someone trying to duplicate my cat dolls, please let me know.  This pattern is my own original and it is NOT for sale and although I've been asked several times, I will not make the pattern available.  These cats are my signature.  I make them for special gifts and they are my signature item in my Etsy shop.  They are exclusively available from me and I really want to keep it that way.  Please read about the history of my Crazy Quilt Cat Dolls here.

And then, speaking of cats, here's a new photo of my little Cotton ball:

Cotton of course was in motion!  But I think he likes Pinterest!  I took him to the vet this morning for a little check up.  He has an eye infection so I have to give him an antibiotic and an eye gel twice a day.  Scott's going to have to help me with that one!  But other than that, he's in good shape!  And I think he's going to my little Mama's boy.  Nightmare was my Mama's boy and I miss that.  Lucy is more bonded with Scott.  I can't quite tell yet who Wrigley is more bonded with.  Probably me because I'm here all the time but it's a little hard to tell at this point.


3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Some people will steal anything, won't they. Cute picture of Cotton - wonder what he was thinking about that other cat.

Lady Locust said...

Your spider in the first picture is just beautiful! Also, what a pix - a white puddy tat watching a grey puddy tat:) Sweet... wonder what (s)he's thinking.
Smiles,
Lady Locust
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Gina E. said...

Oh Pam, how infuriating that people steal your cat doll designs. It is a sad fact that a lot of original designs are simply copied off the net and used, all around the world. It is open slather with the internet being so freely available to anyone with a computer. One has to rely on the honesty of those who are looking at the craft works, and unfortunately today there are a lot of cheats around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails