Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Trash To Treasure - Repurposed Junk

I really have to start taking photos before I start a "trash to treasure" project.  There is just a huge difference between what I start with and what I end up with.

As my long time readers know, I love flea markets.  I also love junk stores, garage sales and resale shops.  One never knows what little treasure might be hiding in the shadows waiting for me to come along and re-purpose it!

This was the most ugly tealight holder I've ever seen.  But I saw potential!  Note to self:  MUST REMEMBER TO TAKE PHOTOS BEFOREHAND!!!

Cottage Teapot

Just look at my little Cottage Teapot now!  I painted it pink, added flowers and glitter and now it would be the prettiest little centerpiece in a cottage style kitchen!

Here's another of my re-purposed objects:

Cottage Birdcage

Again, this was ugly as sin!  It was a music box but the music didn't work.  The cage was wood & broken and the bird was red, black and white.  Not anymore.  My Cottage Birdcage is now white, the bird is pink, white and blue and I've adorned it with flowers & glitter.  It's like night and day!

Friday is garage sale day and Sunday is a huge flea market so I expect to find something that I can alter from junk to pretty!

In other news, mom & I have started on some July 4th things.  These are mom's little USA Heart Ornaments:

USA Ornaments

Aren't they sweet? I love the 4th of July!  I'll be at mom's tomorrow and Friday and hopefully will finish up on a few of the patriotic do-dads that I started on.

In the meantime, I've been working on my "Spring Song" Mixed Media Art Quilt:

Spring Song Art Quilt

I'll be adding a little nest with eggs to the bottom right-hand corner.  It will also get just a twinge of glitter.  I have one more sewn up to stitch on and I plan to sew up a few more next week.  I will be writing some tutorials on doing Mixed Media Art Quilts.  How to layer fabrics, how to embellish and what you can embellish with (just about anything) and so on.  It's really not all that different from Crazy Quilting.  Just no seams to cover.  Anyway be sure to stop back for those articles.

Let's see, what else did I do today?  Oh, galletas pour mi padre!  Sorry, just practicing the little bit of Spanish that I know.  I made some Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies for my dad:

Cookies

You can find the recipe here if you would like to try them.

Before I head out for the day, please drop me an email if you would like to be added to my mailing list for our upcoming Kitty & Me Designs newsletter.  I'll add you to the list right away and send you a coupon for free shipping.

That's for today everyone!  Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Pam!
Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my pink rose sachet photo on ECS. I am slowly getting around.
Your creations are simply gorgeous and those cookies look delish!
I am now a new follower of yours, stop by and follow me if you like.

Take care,
~Lynn♥

FredaB said...

Hi Pam

Will the newsletter be different from your blog? I read it daily so if the newsletter is different then add me to it.

Hugs

FredaB

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Add me to the list for the newsletter please - I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. I agree too - you need to take before pictures. I would love to see how these trash-to-treasures start out!
Hugs,
Kerry

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm glad I enlarged the picture of 'Spring Song' because I hadn't noticed the cute little bird perched on the hand. Sweet image!

DebBrwn said...

I love the repurposing of old discarded things. Have even got my hubby into it, when he goes to the "Scrap Yard" to take his metals collected from being an after work mechanic, he always checks out what others are bringing in(I came up with a vintage iron patio set) and what the scrap yard has thrown over to the side. His thing right now is cast iron pots, skillets etc. Sometimes it's one we don't have, he also trades and sells them. He highly enjoys it as I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails