Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Little Late On The Flea Market Finds And Another Sweet Treat Recipe!

Better late than never!  I've been busy as a bee these last few days.  A little too busy actually.  Been rearranging some things in my home, stitching, finishing and junkin!

On Sunday morning, Scott and I picked up my mom and we went to the Grayslake Flea Market & Antique Show.  The theme for this month was "Everything Vintage".  That's right up my alley!

Here are my Flea Market Treasures from Sunday.  As you know, I just love vintage hankies:

Flea Market 1

Flea Market 2

I only paid $1 for each of those hankies!  I really don't "need" any but I love them so I keep buying them.

Next, I found some buttons:

Flea Market 3

Check out those green rhinestone buttons!  They're mint and gorgeous.  So sparkly!  And, then a bagful of little white rose buttons.  Last but not least, I found some pink buttons.  I'm always on the looking out for old pink buttons.  If anyone has any they don't want, I will gladly give them a good home!

The little pink pieces are flowers.  It was hard to open them up so you could see them but when sewn down, they'll make these cool little flowers.

Next, a bag of lace and trim:

Flea Market 4

Again, I have plenty of lace but I just can't help myself!  I love it!!!!  And I adopt all unwanted lace and give it lots of love!!  :)

I just spent some time photographing our newest projects.  I'll save those photos for over the weekend.  Very time consuming actually.  But as you've probably noticed, my photos have improved greatly!

And speaking of time consuming, I've finally had enough of dial-up and have decided to get a high speed connection.  Next week, I'll make the phone calls and get the process going.  I like to read a lot of blogs (see my sidebar) and those blogs are very graphic intensive.  I get tired of waiting for pictures to load so high speed, here I come!

Let's see, what else have I been doing?  Oh, I baked this afternoon.  Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!  YUM!!!

Cupcakes

I did indulge!  And I don't feel guilty in the least!  Ha, ha, ha!  The recipe is from one of my vintage baking booklets:

Bakers Chocolate Cookbook

This little book is by Walter Baker & Company, Inc.  The copyright date is 1931.  And here is the recipe if you would like to try it:

CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

2 cups Cake Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (real butter)
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks, well beaten
3 squares Baker's Unsweetened chocolate melted
1 1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg whites stiffly beaten

Sift flour, once, measure, add baking powder, soda, and salt, and sift together 3 times.  Cream butter thoroughly, add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy.  Add egg yolks and chocolate, then add flour, alternately with milk, a small amount at a time.  Beat after each addit;ion until smooth.  Add vanilla.  Fold in egg whites.  Bake in 2 greased 9 inch layer pans in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 minutes.

Well, I didn't make mine into cake.  I made mine into cupcakes with pink Cream Cheese frosting and they are quite yummy!  Do give them a try!

Over the weekend, I'll share a low carb sweet treat recipe.  Perfect for a warm Spring day!

For now, I'll leave you with a photo of my Nightmare:

Nightmare

I swear, there is no creature on this planet who can make themselves more comfy cozy than a cat!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Dear Pam, crack me up. You are soooooo altruistic - offering a good home for pink buttons, vintage lace (and, I presume, hankies). I'm "giving a good home" to a lot of those things myself, LOL!! Here's to us! Hugs, Cathy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think your Nightmare and my Cosmo would be good playmates. I really envy you your flea markets if you can find such pretty treasures. I'm refusing to even so much as look at that chocolate recipe because I'm still recuperating from pigging out on homemade ice cream from the weekend!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you had a fun and successful weekend, Pam. You find the best hankies! That cake recipe sounds very yummy, and I love the kitty...reminds me of our former cat Frango.

ArchangelDecker said...

Awesome finds!


BTW, this was a timely post, because I happen to run into this blog today: The Graphics Fairy.

It is chock full of free clip art and she posts once a day. Enjoy! :)

Sandy G said...

Hi Pam...you have been busy as usual! Now you have even more things to "play" with from the flea market. I must say your post sound more like you - I can almost feel a spring in your step. :o) Thanks for the recipe - the cupcakes look yummy! Looking forward to pictures of your newest projects (and you will love high speed). Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

Loved your flea market finds. Hope to be in a place where I can find some things myself! Now where's the cream cheese frosting recipe? I like the look of the chocolate fudge recipe, and plan to make it on a cool day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails