Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookie Recipe

I've kept myself quite busy today!  Ran errands, stopped at a garage sale (will share those treasures tomorrow), been doing laundry and made some cookies:

Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies

Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES

1 pound salted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
grated rind of 1 medium orange
4 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
1 bag mini Chocolate chips.

Mix butter & powdered sugar together.  Add vanilla & orange rind.  Add cocoa powder.  Add flour 1 cup at a time.  Add mini chips.  Mix well.

Roll into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet (I use Parchment Paper on my baking sheets).  Press with a glass dipped in sugar.  Add pretty sprinkles.  Press again with glass dipped in sugar.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until done. 

Heaven help me!  These just melt in your mouth!

In other news, I've been stitching on a few small Crazy Quilt blocks.  These 2 are ready for sewing together:

Crazy Quilt Button Blocks

And this is what I'm stitching on now:

Crazy Quilt Button Blocks

These will be 6 inch ornaments. 

Finally for today, I thought I'd share my mom's latest projects with you:

Bunny Pillow

Bonnet Lady Pillow

Violets Pillow

These are crayon tinted, embroidered and beaded! 

Tomorrow we have a nice Flea Market to go to.  Oh, how I love my flea markets!  Scott & I will pick mom up around 8 am and we'll head up there in hopes of finding some nice vintage treasures. 

See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Oh yum! Chocolate and orange are two of my favorite flavor combinations! Like your new CQ squares.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh nice, Pam! Make me look at chocolate AND orange (faves of mine) cookies while our son is upstairs currently making ice cream in his new machine. I NEED some of your cookies to go along with it and you NEED some of his cappuchino ice cream (at least I think you do, because I have yet to taste it).

Cathy said...

Pamela,

I am on my way to go food shopping for my diet food when I decided to jump over to your blog and say hello. And there they were REAL COOKIES. OMG!!! you're killing me. They look so good. But I want to loose 10 more lbs. before I eat a real cookies 'cause I know I will probably eat 5 of them, not one.

xo Cathy

Susan said...

Keep it up and you'll make me gain back the 30 pounds I lost in the last 6 months!

Related Posts with Thumbnails