Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Winter Crazy Quilt Project

I'm setting myself up here, with some projects to work on through out the Winter months. I thought I'd would put a few things together and just have a basket of projects ready to stitch on.

The first is a set of 9 8-inch blocks, all pieced in white fabrics with a vintage embroidered floral hankie as a focal point on each block:

Flower Quilt Blocks

This will be lovely hanging in my Living Room for Summer! It should help to keep my mind occupied too. This damned depression just seems to go on and on. Day after day after day. But I don't care to moan about it too much today. I try to think about my fun projects.

Another one that I want to piece up is a block for a Peacock Purse. I haven't done a peacock in a long time so I thought that would be a nice Winter project as well. I'm also planning to do a few embroidered things using my vintage iron-on transfers. I just need to finish up on my Vogart dresser scarf. I only have the flowers to do on one end and then it's complete. My mom wants to crochet around the outside for me. Despite my protests, only because my mom already does so much for me, I agreed to let her do that.

Well, I'm about out of steam for today. We've had nothing but cloudy, dreary, rainy days here all week. My Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome kicked in early this year. My Dr. increased my Zoloft to 100 milligrams a day and it just knocks me out by 3 in the afternoon on days like this.

Before I head off for the day though, I thought I'd share a photo of my Peach Applesauce with you:

Peach Applesauce

I used 3 pounds of Red Delicious apples, 3 pounds of Jonathon apples, 3 medium size cans of peaches in pear juice, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Again, I baked it in the oven and oh, does my house smell good!

I never made applesauce with Jonathon apples before. I never liked them but as you can see, I'm experimenting these days.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Ok. I'm losing it. I 'read' that you had 98 one inch blocks! My mouth dropped open in shock. I was about to comment that you have to have REALLY good eyesight and then I realized that I'd read it wrong. Phew! Obviously it's me that has the bad eyesight.

allie aller said...

Pam, those blocks are soooooo lovely!
Maybe I will try something like that with my Kensitas flowers....it is such a great way to showcase your embroidered hankies.

I know that this will be a very happy project to work on.... ;-)

Sandy said...

WOW! Lovely blocks - You are so creative...I am looking forward to seeing your work on them. Also LOVED your angel Christmas card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails