Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mason Jar Gifts

I'm sure no one needs to see anymore photos of my homemade applesauce. (Today I made some with raisens.) However, I thought it would be nice to to share this idea for quick & easy gifts:

Applesauce In A Mason Jar Gift

Everyone has heard of Gifts In A Mason Jar but this year, with economy the way it is, it's a pretty & inexpensive gift for neighbors or for folks who you'd just like do a little something for.

I made my own label using some cardstock and a "From My Kitchen" sticker:

Applesauce In A Mason Jar Gift With Glittered Label

I apologize for my blurry photo. My hands still shake a lot. I must have taken 10 photos and they all came out a little blurry.

Anyway, I added glitter to the label and some ribbons and do-do's and just tapped it to the jar.

Please remember, with "wet food" gifts, although this isn't technically "canning", you still have to boil the jar and lid for a few minutes.

So what else can one do with a Mason Jar? I have tons of cool ideas. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great idea Pam! Applesauce is something I think pretty much everybody will like and doing it in the oven the way you do makes it pretty easy.

Cathy said...

I made another double batch of applesauce over the long weekend. Half is still waiting for a flavor-mate (probably peach; we practically inhaled the last batch) LOL. The other half I mixed with 1 cup of my leftover cranberry/orange compote from Thanksgiving. To that I added 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves and a dash of ginger. YUM!!! Thanks for getting me started on this - it's been way better for me than snacking on sweets! Hugs, Cathy

Annie in Tampa said...

Dear Pam, I haven't been able to catch up with your blog lately due to computer malfunction, but I love the tack you're taking. I like chatting about everything and I feel like I'm there in your welcoming kitchen, visiting with a friend! I love the recipes you're posting. I may try some out on the willing gang at work! Hope the symptoms reduce for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails