Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Garden Window

My garden window easily changed from Halloween to Thanksgiving! My mom made the turkey for me years ago. Actually, it's plaster and mom painted it for me.

Speaking of my mom, there is nothing more comforting than walking into Mom's kitchen and seeing her wearing an apron and running her Kitchenaid:

Mom

When I was little, my mom used to bake every single day! If it wasn't cookies, it was bread, if not bread, cupcakes and if it wasn't cupcakes, it was mom's yeast coffee cake! The house always smelled like a bakery!

This is what mom was making yesterday:

Pumpkin Gingerbread Triffle

This is a Pumpkin Gingerbread Triffle recipe by Paula Deen. You can find the recipe here at Food Network.

And here are the Molasses Muffins that I talked about this week:

Molasses Muffins

I have a weakness for anything with molasses in it! I love the way it makes the house smell! Here's the recipe:

MOM'S MOLASSES MUFFINS

1/2 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Molasses
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup Sour Milk (or Buttermilk)
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Raisins

Cream shortening and sugar, add beaten eggs and molasses. Sift flour and spices, beating alternately with baking soda and sour milk. Add raisens. Bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until done. Makes one dozen muffins.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

I can't wait to try these, Pam. Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours Pam. The molasses muffins look yummy. I'll be trying those!

CindyMae said...

My great-grandmother's house was like that. She LOVED to bake! She would take bread and cakes and things to people all the time just for an excuse to bake! What a lovely memory your brought to mind for me, thank you! Hope that your Thanksgiving was a wonderful day full of many blessings!

stitchenmylifeaway said...

Yummy!! Be-lated Happy Thanksgiving wishes.

allie aller said...

Thanks for the recipe...and your mom looks like the nicest person in the whole world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails