Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ocean Goddess Pouch

I got in some stitching time yesterday and finished up this little project:

Ocean Goddess Pouch

I really love doing seascapes but the funny thing is, I've never seen an ocean. I'm guessing some of my inspiration comes from what I see on television. We really don't watch much network TV. We prefer The Science Channel, The Learning Channel and The Discovery Channels. And of course, the big joke in my family, The Food Network. As you know, I don't cook!

There really is something peaceful about seashells and creating an ocean garden.

I'll get this sewn up on my next sewing day and add it to my Etsy shop.

Also, I don't mean to sound redundant but being that it's Christmas time, I don't want anyone to miss out on this:

The 2008 Valentine Mystery Stitch-Along starts on January 3rd. It's always more fun to start from the beginning. You can order this here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam! I can't believe it...you have never seen an ocean!!! I can't imagine. I was so shocked I had to comment. We here in New Zealand are surrounded by ocean. I would curl up and die if I couldn't get to it. I go most Sunday's. I have a favourite spot where someone has kindly built a wooden bench seat under some old pine trees. I sit and look out onto the horizon and dream and imagine. I watch the sea-birds. I particularly love the Gannetts - we have the largest Southern Hemisphere nesting colony right on our back door - Cape Kidnappers. I watch them gliding and soaring the air currents, skimming the water for fish, and diving from heights into the ocean to get their meal. If you are ever in New Zealand consider this my personal invitation to come and view my ocean!!!

Anonymous said...

PS: I realised that I had to post anonymously as I don't have an account. My email is paula.rowe@xtra.co.nz if you ever want to take me up on my offer. :)

Susan said...

Wow. You've spent your whole entire life in the midwest? It boggles my mind. I've been coast to coast several times, and to Hawaii, though I've missed Alaska. You would have enjoyed the History channel show on Hawaii today, then - showed enormous waves! Beautiful beaches, too.

This looks even more than I expected, but kinda like what I imagined. =) Great job. Love that face looking out. I'm imagining a few more like this, though each one is unique.

Related Posts with Thumbnails