Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, December 03, 2007

New Projects

I was asked to do a custom cellphone pouch in black fabrics. I sewed this up the block on Saturday and I stitched it up yesterday:

Butterfly Pouch

Yes, I got a lot done yesterday despite running to Michaels and WalMart. I actually started on this pouch at 3:30 a.m. My rude neighbors felt that 3:30 in the morning would be a good time to ride their snowmobiles up and down my street. Scott and I decided to overlook it this time because it was the first snow of the season but if there's a next time, I will be calling the police!

Anyway, so I have it all stitched now and will do with machine & hand finishing today.

My next CQ project will be a purse:

Winter Purse

Ya'll know how much I love Winter.....NOT! Actually, Winter wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't cold and it didn't snow. And if I didn't have rude neighbors with snowmobiles! Ha, ha, ha!

Well, I thought a special purse just for the month of January would be something nice to help get me through the wicked month.

The blue snowflake is an acrylic ornament I found at Hobby Lobby. I can sew that on but I think I'll need Scott to drill a few extra holes in it for me.

Also, look closely at the lace. Do you notice anything interesting? I want this to be so glittery that it's almost blinding to look at in the sunlight. Just like real snow! I painted on some fabric glue with a small paintbrush and then I sprinkled on some very fine glitter. Is that too cool or what?!!!

So after I do some more finishing on my sewing machine today, I want to start on this.

I'm also wanting to pull out my vintage iron-on transfers and stitch some things from those and I'm wanting to pull out my box of Poly-Clay and play with that. Geez! Too bad I have to take the time to sleep at night. Maybe the snowmobiles aren't such a bad thing after all! No one can accuse me of not having ambition!

BTW - if anyone is looking for the 2008 Valentine Mystery Stitch-Along Project, you can find it here. It starts on January 3rd. I gave this one a lot of lead-time due to the Christmas Holiday.

5 comments:

allie aller said...

That black pouch is stunning, Pam!

patternnuts said...

Would love to sign up but I am feeling a bit guilty having hit Etsy a few times ;) already. *grins

loulee said...

Love thebutterfly purse and the wintry workings! I'll be watching your new creation.

Susan said...

Oh, yes, that's perfect. Gotta have it. Send the invoice to khryskringle. =) The wintery lace is too cool! You are always doing the unexpected.

paru's_circle said...

3.30 in the morning..they must be nuts ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails