Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Flowers & Hummingbirds

First, I wanted to share another photo of the Spring bulbs that Kim sent to me for Christmas:

Flowers from Kim

Are these beautiful or what?!!! I wish you could smell them. The scent is so strong, I can smell them here in my room which is off the kitchen. I have them in the Garden Window but I couldn't get the flash to go off so I set them on the countertop for the photo.

I've really enjoyed watching these grow and bloom and I'll feel a little sad when they're done. My husband promised me that as soon as he can get some pots of forced tulips, my Garden Window will be filled with those!

Another photo that I'd like to share with you today is the gift that I made for Kim for Christmas:

Hummingbird Pillow

Kim loves Hummingbirds as much as I do so I always think of her when I see one, be it a real one or an image of one. This image is from a CD collection of vintage images that I bought awhile back. I can't remember which one as I have several. Anyway, the moment I saw this little bird, I knew I had to make something for Kim with it!

I'm trying to decide at the moment what I want to stitch on. I have all sorts of things sewn up and ready for my craziness but I just haven't been able to choose from them all. Maybe I'll figure it out later today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam,

Your plant is so pretty. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Thank you, again, for my gorgeous pillow. Looking forward to displaying it in our new guest room.

Kim

Susan said...

The pillow is really pretty. I love seeing how you put things together. The plant is gorgeous, and the good thing is those are bulbs, right? So you can keep it for next year, or put it outside for spring.

patternnuts said...

I keep a geranium on my kitchen window sill now. I did last year by chance, I received it as a gift and didn't want to throw it away, and it smelled to nice and the colors looked to happy. So I am doing it this year too. It's enormous!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful work Pam.. Kim is one lucky girl!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love your bulbs - I can just imagine the fragrance - smells like spring!

The cushion is really gorgeous - lucky Kim!
Hugs, Kerry

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Pam , my dear, you know I am one of your biggest fans, and your work is so beautiful, but I think this pillow for Kim has to be my favorite piece to date. It is just fantastic in color and design. Thanks for sharing!

Ati said...

This pillow is sóó pretty, is is too nice to use it :)

Malla said...

Your humminb bird pillow is SO beautiful! I love the colors, lace - all of it! Your friend Kim is fortunate to have such a skillful friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails