Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, June 05, 2021

McHenry Crazy Quilt Update

 Block 23 of my McHenry Crazy Quilt:



This is our first High School built in 1924 on the east side of town.  In the late 1960's, a 2nd High School was built on the west side.

Each block is 9 inches square.  The vintage photos are printed on fabric sheets that run through my printer.

The blocks are pieced entirely by hand on a cotton foundation fabric.

There will be 40 blocks all together.

Most of these buildings are still here although a few have burned down (a long match in my opinion).

I have to get some more photos printed up.  17 blocks to go!!!

4 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

That is not just heirloom work, it is museum work. Fantastic. I have never seen a more beautiful quilt, nor prettier embroidery.

Junny said...

It is commendable that you have such a beautiful blog. Thank you for your articles...

Simple Girl Complex World said...

Hello!
I want to tell you that I love your designs. Mostly, your designs with shamrocks. I have bought then stitched many of them. It was so nice to find your blog. I'm a blogger too, I appreciate the time you put into making such an interesting blog. I am:
Brenda
jetwhisper@gmail.com

diamondc said...

Hi Pamela: This is a beauty, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

Catherine

Related Posts with Thumbnails