Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

McHenry Illinois Crazy Quilt Update On Block 1

Here's a progress photo of my McHenry Illinois Crazy Quilt project:

My plan is to keep this project as Victorian in style as possible.  No beads or sequins and the only lace I'm using is antique.

I stitched the name of the church in the upper right hand corner using 14 count waste canvas.  I also added the year that St. Mary's was built, 1898.


In the above photo, you can see how I embroidered over the lace.  I simply followed the pattern in the lace and highlighted it with some stitching.

I may use a little bit of metallic gold and/or silver thread to create some spiderwebs on this.  I love spiders and spiderwebs and the Victorians loved them too!  They were considered good luck!!!


5 comments:

Laura said...

It looks even more beautiful than I imagined it would :)

Laura

Honeybee said...

I was at a craft show on Saturday and one vendor had tons and tons of Christmas spider ornaments made out of beads! You're probably familiar with the legend, but just in case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Christmas_Spider

Shirlee Fassell said...

Looks great. I guess Victorians did not use beads or sequins 😞...... just lots of stitching and the loved to paint.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Pam I can't find your email and the button on your blog is not working. So just to let you know my quilt is finally done. I take pics with my iPad and they are coming out crappy lately so if you still want to use it and can give me advice on the type of pictures you need..... up to you
Shirlee Fassell

Pamela Kellogg said...

Laura, thank you for your compliment! If you would like me to reply to you via email, you can email me at the link in my sidebar.

Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails