Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Peppermint Punch Recipe

Okay, it's Winter now.  I know better than to complain.  New York has been blasted and we just have 2 inches so I'll live with it and be quiet.  Okay, I won't be quiet about it but I'll live with it.  Mostly because I don't have a choice!  LOL!!!

My new computer arrived this afternoon!  One week from today, Dell comes out and sets it all up!  That'll be awesome!

Lucy is showing more signs of improvement today!  She's eaten a whole can of food and then some.  Still sleeping a lot but definitely improving!

I sewed up a few blocks this afternoon but I haven't had time to start on one so in the meantime, I thought I'd share a recipe that has been a favorite of mine since I was little.

 

Peppermint Punch
 
3 (13 oz.) cans evaporated milk
2 c. water
1 c. crushed red and white peppermint candies
1/2 c. sugar
Few drops red food coloring
 
Mix evaporated milk, water, peppermint candies and sugar in large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until candy is dissolved. Stir in food coloring. Serve warm with spoon of ice cream and a candy cane stirrer. Makes about 12 servings.
 
My mom used to make this after school at Christmastime.  It's very good and perfect to have while stitching on a cold, snowy afternoon.  Like today!

For now, I'm off to make something for dinner.  Yes, I actually have to turn the oven on and cook something.  We usually grill on Sunday's and then have left overs on Monday but it rained all day yesterday so we couldn't use the grill.  So I'm off, to turn the oven on and cook.........

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh dear - a pink drink. And peppermint. I'm sorry, but I won't be trying this and will have to take your word that it's good. Peppermint doesn't agree with me so I usually don't touch it. I would, however, like just one tiny little sip just to see what it tastes like!

Anonymous said...

I've never had that! I'll have to try it. It looks good.

Anonymous said...

I've never had that! I'll have to try it. It looks good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails