Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday Anyone?

Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who can't stand the term, "Black Friday"?  I know what it means...it's better to be in "the black" than in "the red" but geez, it's so dark and ominous!  What was wrong with "day after Thanksgiving sales"?  That sounds so much happier!  And who comes up with this stuff?  Is there someone out there who has nothing better to do than come up with these goofy terms?  I guess I'm from the Disney generation.  I like everything to sound happy and uplifting.

Well, I don't go out the day after Thanksgiving anyway.  I did a little more shopping over at Etsy and I still need a few more things but for the most part, I'm done with my shopping.  I much prefer to buy handmade and vintage than to go out and put up with the noise and the crowds.

And I did some stitching!  I finished stitching up my Pink Kitty Pillow:

These always look prettier in person than they do in the photos.  Anyway, my next project is also kitties in a teacup:

When I finish up this one, I'll sew them both together at the same time.

Okay, I have some new things that mom made to photograph.  Be sure to listen to The Cinnamon Bear episodes.  Just scroll down and click on the links.




3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've really never understood the mentality that goes along with Black Friday shopping. We were horrified to hear the stories on the news here about the people getting shot and injured in the US - all in the name of shopping. The retailers here are now trying to push the same frenzy and I'm really hoping it's a dismal flop.

Julierose said...

I am not a fan of the term (or the day) "Black Friday" either! i just love your kitties in a teacup--sooo cute! Can't wait to see the rest of them...hugs, Julierose

Gina E. said...

I always wondered what on earth Black Friday was over there! Not having Thanksgiving here, of course I had no idea of the connection. Black Friday in Australia was one of our worst bushfire days in the past 200 years, and most people here know about it. We also have Black Saturday and Ash Wednesday, which were days of disastrous bushfires.

Related Posts with Thumbnails