Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Groundhog Day 2012

Did you know that the movie, Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, was filmed right here in McHenry County, Illinois?  Yes, 20 years ago!  It was filmed on the beautiful square in Woodstock, Illinois which is the county seat.
The city of Woodstock (more like a quaint old-fashioned town) is having a 20th anniversary celebration of the filming of Groundhog Day through this weekend.  How fun!

Here is a photo of the opera house on the Woodstock Square:

If you're old enough to remember Orson Wells, he used to perform at this Opera House!

Just a little bit of fun trivia for today everyone!

I spent the majority of yesterday putting miles and miles on my sewing machine!  Loads of new crazy quilt pieces are now ready to stitch on and embellish!

I also finished up my Pot Of Gold Hanging Pillow:

I think I mentioned yesterday that the design is from my collection of vintage embroidery patterns.  It's so much fun to collect these old pattern and then actually create something from them.  I don't "iron them on".  I scan the patterns into my computer, print them out and then trace the design onto my fabric using a wash out blue pen and a lightbox.  Anyway, this is in the shop now.

I also had a little time to stitch on my Spring Lady Crazy Quilt Purse:

I love the colors on this one!  I'll stitch on this some more today and have another update photo for you tomorrow.

Finally, today is my dad's 72nd birthday!  Yes, he was born on Groundhog Day!  If anyone might like to leave a Happy Birthday wish for him, I will forward your messages to his email so he can read them.  I think he'd get a kick out of that!  Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think all the celebrations over the filming anniversary of 'Groundhog Day' are really just a party for your Dad. Please wish him a very happy day from me!

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Pam, Ground Hog Day is one of our favorite movies, it is so strange, I never knew it was filmed in Woodstock, my brother and sister in law used to live there. Happy Ground Hog day and thanks for the info. Hugs, Terri

Susan said...

Happy birthday to your day - a day late. =) You know I love green, so I'm crazy about your new block.

Related Posts with Thumbnails