Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Whiter Shade Of Pale

Ok, I just gave away my age!  LOL!!!  I mentioned yesterday that my next project would be mostly white.  While I was stitching on this earlier, I kept thinking of the 1967 song, A Whiter Shade Of Pale.  This will be a Wedding Purse:

A Godchild of mine is getting married in September and I wanted to make her something special for her Wedding so I decided on a purse.  She's very creative and bit non-traditional, like me! 

For some reason, I just didn't want to do an all white purse. She has a lot of life in her and life is colorful.  To say the least (if I may add from my own experiences)!

I wanted white but I also wanted a twinge of color.  I want it to look old but not ancient so the block is pieced all in white fabrics.  The lace at the top is vintage but the lace at the bottom is antique.  Late 1800's.  I wanted cream colored lace so it shows up.  I hand painted the little love birds applique along with the butterfly.  The seam treatments are all stitched in the lightest shades of pink, blue and cream that I have in my stash.  The beading will all be done in white, cream and perhaps some silver.  We'll see how things look when I get to embellishing this.  I want to be incredibly sparkly!

Anyway, when I was picking my thread colors, I kept thinking, A Whiter Shade Of Pale!   I'll be doing some silk ribbon embroidery on here as well.  Hope I have enough pale colors to use on it!

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Kim B said...

This is just beautiful, I love those little birds, and the hint of color makes it extraordinary. Have a good evening. Hugs, Kim

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Way cool~~I love the subtle use of color in this.
Somehow, white on white never excited me a whole lot, but then I'm a RED girl! LOL!!!

XXOO~~
Anne

Francien said...

Its going to be very beautiful Pam...and she will be stunned like me and love it....greetings Francien.

debi said...

So beautiful and elegant!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - a definite switch from red/black to the elegance of white and cream...beautiful! The lovebird motif is perfect for the theme.

Related Posts with Thumbnails