Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Peach Pound Cake Recipe

I mentioned yesterday on Facebook that I was making Peach Poundcake.  The response to that post was amazing!  Everyone was asking me where I found the recipe.  We'll it's a Taste Of Home recipe that found.  It sounded so good that I just had to try it:


They are indeed, AWESOME!  I made mine into cupcakes as you can see and after trying one, I decided that they didn't need frosting.  Nor do they need the extra calories!  LOL!!!!

Here's the recipe:

PEACH POUND CAKE

* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 6 eggs
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
* Confectioners' sugar

Directions:
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
* Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.

Yield: 12-16 servings.

~~ Taste of Home June/July 2003~~

I actually found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs but for the life of me now, I just can't remember which one.  I feel bad because I like to give credit where credit is due. If I remember, I will add the link.


For now, give this recipe a try while peaches are still in season.  I used fresh peaches and like I said, these are wonderful!


Tomorrow, I will post a book review.  For now, I'll leave you with my current work in progress:




Quick Edit:  I found the recipe on Sheri's Prim Rose Hill Studio blog.  Please stop by and say hello.  Here blog is just lovely!!!  And she has another recipe that I want to try!

4 comments:

NanE said...

OOOOH, Pam! these sound yummy! I saw peaches for .25 cents a pound today in Wally World. And here I was going to start a diet this week! Bad Pam, Bad!!!

debi said...

Mmmmmm! I love pound cake, and peach sounds wonderful. Your cupcakes look delicious!!

And your current project looks like it's going to be another beauty!!

Terri Lee Takacs said...

OH WOW!!! Gotta try these muffins!I just love seeing your sweet little cats ~ they are truely your trademark
and in a way make Garfield live on as I remember you making them years ago ~ when he was still here. Keep that pretty smile on your face!

Flamingo Scraps said...

Gorgeous work Pam! You never disappoint! Thanks for the recipe - just whipped it up and stuck it in the oven. I only had one stick of butter so I subbed cream cheese - we'll see how that turns out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails