I mentioned yesterday on Facebook that I was making Peach Poundcake. The response to that post was amazing! Everyone was asking me where I found the recipe. We'll it's a Taste Of Home recipe that found. It sounded so good that I just had to try it:
They are indeed, AWESOME! I made mine into cupcakes as you can see and after trying one, I decided that they didn't need frosting. Nor do they need the extra calories! LOL!!!!
Here's the recipe:
PEACH POUND CAKE
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 6 eggs
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
* Confectioners' sugar
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
* Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Yield: 12-16 servings.
~~ Taste of Home June/July 2003~~
I actually found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs but for the life of me now, I just can't remember which one. I feel bad because I like to give credit where credit is due. If I remember, I will add the link.
For now, give this recipe a try while peaches are still in season. I used fresh peaches and like I said, these are wonderful!
Tomorrow, I will post a book review. For now, I'll leave you with my current work in progress:
Quick Edit: I found the recipe on Sheri's Prim Rose Hill Studio blog. Please stop by and say hello. Here blog is just lovely!!! And she has another recipe that I want to try!