Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Baking & Blog Friends

My mail came yesterday and what did I find in there? A wonderful vintage Cooky Book from Judy:

Vintage Cooky Book

Oh, what a nice surprise that was! I've looked through it so many times, I'm surprised I haven't worn it out yet. There are a ton of yummy sounding recipes in here and I've already picked out a few that I would like to try. Along with the book, Judy also sent me a couple of charms. Thank you so much Judy! You're so kind to me!

I must say that my friends in blog-land are the best! So many of you have sent me cards and little surprises to cheer me up and encourage me through this very trying (and what feels like a never-ending) illness. I really can't thank all of you enough for your support and understanding.

Anne mentioned that she really enjoys my baking photos. She said that she wishes she could come to my house for a cookie! Anne, it would be a very long drive to my house just for a cookie! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Honestly, if I could mail cookies to all of my blog readers, I would. Unfortunately, I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard and I haven't been able to work much for awhile so the best I can do is to share my baking, my stitching and my other creative endeavors with you.

I didn't actually bake today but I did make some Strawberry Applesauce:

Strawberry Applesauce

I guess this is sort of baking because I put everything in a casserole dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees. That way, I don't have to watch it and keep stirring it on the stove top.

I must say that my house smells so good right now! I cut up 3 pounds of Red Delicious apples, sprinkle them with the juice of 1 fresh lemon and baked it for 40 minutes. Then I added a bag of frozen strawberries and 1/4 cup of sugar. I baked it for another 15 minutes and I have a nice batch of Strawberry Applesauce. I used a potato masher to mash the fruit after it was done baking. I like chunky applesauce! Sometimes I just leave the sugar out. I don't eat much in the way of sugar but today I felt like adding a little.

I was going to try a recipe that Mary Anne sent to me called Impossible Chocolate Cream pie. I bought the Bisquick today but unfortunately, I'm out of steam now. I will see how I feel tomorrow and perhaps make it then.

I'm hoping to feel decent enough on Sunday to run my sewing machine. I mentioned last week that I'm planning a new CQ project to help me get through this Winter. I collect vintage machine embroidered handkerchiefs. I picked out 9 of them with different flowers and I'll be working each one into an 8 inch block. They'll be pieced entirely in white fabrics. I really want my embroidery and beading to show up and working with flowers will help me to think of Spring.

I do feel like I should be designing. I have ideas but the drive just isn't there. I don't know why since I can stitch, sew and bake. I can take care of keeping my home clean and I take care of all errands. Working on designs at the moment just feels like one too many things. I'm told that will come back in time. I sure hope so. I do enjoy it. I just can't get into it at the moment.

Well, that's my post for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll have more baking and some sewing photos soon!

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Glad the cookbook has a good home, Pam. It's too bad the electric companies don't do these anymore, isn't it? Have a great weekend!

CindyMae said...

What a great cookbook!! That strawberry applesauce looks so wonderful!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I hadn't thought of doing applesauce in the oven, but what a great idea - and looks good too!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I love all of your photos, be they cooking or stitching or crazy quilting. It's always a joy to see what things you're up to.
- Sue

Cathy said...

Your applesauce looks yummy. Maybe the real thing (as opposed to store-bought) would get me back "into" applesauce. And I bet we could substitute Splenda for the sugar. Anyway, don't feel bad about not being able to design right now. Remember that some people aren't able to even handle sewing, stitching, baking, housework and errands, which you said are not a problem for you now. On any given day, our ability to juggle X number of balls varies .... some days I'm lucky to get out of my jammies!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails