Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Button Block #30 Completed

I finished up on Button Block #30 this morning:

Button Block 30

This one really feels a bit crazy and insane to me but I'm sure it's because my head has been a bit crazy. On Sunday, while we were at the flea market, we had a branch come off our maple tree and hit our house. And I'm not talking a stick. The damage was minimal compared to what it could have been and I won't go into everything that needed to be repaired but thankfully, the majority of the repairs have now been made. And needless to say, I have a tree man coming on Saturday to take that tree down.

This is an excellent (for lack of a better word) example of how we create our own reality. Scott and I have always feared that a branch would fall off that tree and hit the house but I never wanted to spend the $ on having it removed. Too many times, we let go of resistance when our backs are against a wall. And that's not the opportune time to let go of resistance.

The weather this time of year does not help my mood either and what little bit of Christmas spirit I had (and I did actually have some this year) is now just about gone. As far as I'm concerned, it can be Spring now. I've had my fill of snow, freezing rain, wind and cold.

To lift my mood, I decided to put the Button Quilt down for a bit and make myself a new purse:

Pink Rose Purse

The roses in the middle are the corner of a vintage hankie.

I have to run and get some groceries now before it starts snowing again. One of these days, I will have me a Winter house in Florida!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've chosen beautiful colors for your latest purse design! Looking forward to progress pics!

You may think that Button Block #30 looks a little chaotic, but it doesn't! I love how it turned out!

Anonymous said...

Florida is humid! Better go for Arizona. No hurricanes, either. =)

Is that *my* hankie? LOL! Beautiful block. Button block 30 is very glitzy!

I'm so sorry about the tree and your house. Bah, humbug!

Gina E. said...

Oh you poor dears! We've experienced the same thing - came back from an interstate trip one weekend to find a tree had been blown right out of the ground and was leaning against the house! All it did was bend the guttering, so we were lucky. We've had several trees fall on our property in the 30 years we've lived here, and one fell on Ken's car. Did a lot of damage to that but insurance covered it thank goodness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails