Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Playing With Poly Clay

I've never been very creative with Poly Clay. I love to play with it but despite project books and internet ideas, I've just never been able to come up with anything all that interesting.

I finally decided to buy some flexible molds for the enjoyment of doing something constructive with the clay. My creativity will be in the form of using what I made.

I did these over the weekend:

Poly Clay

The little art doll faces kind of look like aliens to me at the moment! Once I embellish them, they'll be really pretty!

I plan to do some SRE around them and then embellish them further with beads and sequins. I thought a few of those would be nice to send to Pat for the Comfort Doll project. I may use one on a cellphone pouch and a few pins might be nice too. The little flowers of course, will be for sewing onto CQ's.

Before I baked them, I brushed on some Pearl-Ex power which is made by Jacquard. That gives them that very metallic look. I still have to glaze these which I'll do today and hopefully, I might be stitching with one of them later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've never been very creative with Poly Clay." They look very creative to me!!! I could never do that!!! I love the metallic sheen!

Looking forward to seeing them in your future projects.

Thank you for sharing!

Kim

Susan said...

I've not had any desire to play with this stuff, but I can just see those little faces surrounded by SRE flowers and leaves, like fairies in a garden. I do like the little flower bits the best, I think.

claudia said...

Fun! Pretty! You do some interesting things. Can't wait to see how you finish these.

Related Posts with Thumbnails