Crazy Quilting, Cross Stitch and Embroidery Blog

Home Of CRAZY QUILT QUARTERLY MAGAZINE!


Add This To

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Your Wish Is My Command!

Loulee & Jo in NZ asked to see what Maxine's quilt looks like in it's entirety at this moment. Ask & you shall receive ladies! Here it is:

Antique Crazy Quilt Embellishment

I do not know what the white sploch is at the bottom center of the photo. All I can think of is that the battery on my camera was just about out of juice so that's sitting on the charger now.

Anyway, it still doesn't look to me like I've done all that much on here despite my hours and hours of stitching. I can't tell you how much I enjoy working on this quilt!

I didn't have time to stitch last night. I worked on my computer until 7:00 pm and by then, I was so wiped out, I just sat and read a book for a bit.

I'm going to make a very informal announcement at this time. This is not my official announcement because I don't have a time frame set yet and I certainly have to finish up on the projects that I've committed to but I will be retiring from designing cross stitch patterns in the very near future.

I will make an official announcement when the time comes but quite honestly, I've reached a point of having had my fill of sitting here in front of this computer all day, every day. I have so many things I want to do and quite honestly, working all the time is not living. Like I said, when it's official, I will let you know.

Certainly I will continue to blog because I love doing it! I will continue on with offering my purses & my cellphone pouches in my Etsy shop again, because I enjoy it so much. There is just so much more to life than working constantly. Should I ever get a bee in my bonnet to design a charted pattern, I'll just offer it here as a free design. If by any chance it's too large to put on my Flicker site, I'll offer it in my Etsy shop.

One of the projects that I've been just itching to do but can't get to doing is this:

Peacock

I stitched this beautiful peacock design back in the 80's. It was pre-stamped on black satin. I don't know why I never finished it into something but I'm glad I didn't. I want to work this into a very traditional Victorian style crazy quilt. I may even do the foundation piecing entirely by hand. I want to border each side of it with crazy patch and then do borders for the top and bottom the same way. I pulled this piece out over 2 months ago and I just can't get to it.

I've been wanting so much to sew up some new blocks for purses and I can't get to that. I also want to actually use some of my vintage embroidery patterns but again, that will have to wait for the time being.

Also, I'm eager to get back to the repairs on my antique CQ. That will certainly make for a nice Winter project and at moment, it's quite beautiful hanging on my quilt stand along with Maxine's quilt and my new little CQ from the flea market 2 weeks ago:

Quilt Stand

I have to tell you, I'm rather envious of all the girls in blogland doing all sorts of nice and interesting things. Pat Winter has started a charity project to benefit battered women living in shelters. She has asked the stitching community to donate art dolls. Pat will then send these dolls to various women's shelters across the country.

Jo in NZ has been working on some dolls to send to Pat and they are so beautiful! I have a really cool idea for doing a CQ cat doll. I want so much to contribute to Pat's charity and it's getting so frustrating to me, with my time being so limited.

I've had to pretty much give up on Sharon's Take A Stitch Tuesday project. I'll admit, there were several stitches that I wasn't interested in doing anything with but there's been a few stitches that I really wanted to try. This weeks stitch is The Bullion and I really could use the practice. I've never been good at that stitch and I would like to try to work it into my B/C Awareness purse if I can get back to that.

Allison is working on a beautiful flower quilt! You must hop over to her blog and check it out. Julia is working on a family quilt and Susan is getting ready to start on a mother's quilt. Oh and if you hop over to Pat's blog, be sure to check out her Chat Noir purse. I was drooling on my keyboard this morning when I saw it!

So that's where I'm at for now. Very frustrated, very tired and very appreciative of you, my dear readers for allowing me to vent a bit! I will say, that I'm very excited about the idea of being a "lady of leisure"! I probably won't know what project I want to do first! Again, I don't know exactly how or when it's going to happen, I just know that it is and that it's going to be very soon.

I'll end today with a lovely gift that I received yesterday from Bennie:

Stash

This nice little package of goodies includes some fabric, ribbon, charms and the ladybug & frog are beadwork that Bennie did herself! They're beautiful and I can't wait to use them on my CQ projects! Thank you very much Bennie for thinking of me.

Ok, I'm off for now. I have another full day ahead of me but I'll find something to share with you tomorrow.

6 comments:

loulee1 said...

Thank you Pam for humouring us. I stumbled across the picture at Flickr before you had actually posted today. I can see the changes you have made, and you have certainly injected a lot of interesting points. I'm glad you are enjoying working on it as it means we get to share your wonderful ideas.
What a shame you will be giving up Cross stitch designing, but hey, a girls gotta do.........
Your peacock looks lovely, I look forward to seeing what you do with him. All your other plans sound good too.
((((Hugs))) You'll get passed this time very soon and be able to do your own thing and catch up with all of the things you've been planning.
It is also good to read that you will continue to blog, I for one love to share your passion with you.

patternnuts said...

I suppose all good things must come to an end. But I am very happy for you too :)

The Mad Stitcher said...

Pam, as one of your biggest fans may I say how sorry I am that you will be retiring from Cross stitch designing. But I certainly understand and am so happy for you. I must check my stash and make sure I have all your designs before they get priced as *collectibles*!

I love you peacock and can easily see it as a pillow top! Can't wait to see what you do with it. These colors would be perfect for my bedroom--will have to think about something like this.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Pam, so glad you are enjoying my flower c.q. in progress....

I think it is brave and wonderful of you to walk away from your cross stitching career while you are so successful at it...but also while it is not making you happy anymore. If you can manage financially, your free time to pursue your obvious creative talent and desires is worth so much more than that extra cash...

Susan said...

Wow, what a post! Chock full of information. I'm glad you are near to seeing the realization of your plan with cross stitching!

Even when you have time for your own things, you won't have enough time. =)

I can hardly wait to get started on the Moms quilt (and would love to have an important woman from your life, too), and am very impatient to finish up other obligations - I imagine it's a little like your feelings. =)

That peacock piece is beautiful! I look forward to seeing the quilt that comes from it.

Sue in western WA said...

About your work on Maxine's quilt you said, "Anyway, it still doesn't look to me like I've done all that much on here despite my hours and hours of stitching."

My response to that is, "Then you've done your work very well. It blends in perfectly!" You deserve to feel good about yourself and your accomplishments! And now you have that peacock crazy quilt to look forward to... what fun that will be. :- )

Related Posts with Thumbnails