Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, January 26, 2007

TAST And Blackwork Cellphone Pouch

I completed the stitching on my Blackwork Cellphone Pouch last night and if no one minds me saying, this is absolutely stunning! So elegant!

Blackwork Cellphone Pouch

I might do the large purse like this after all. It truly does have the look of Elizabethan Blackwork which is a style and technique that I have always loved!

If you look closely at the seam on the bottom left, just above the butterfly, you can see my TAST Cretan Stitch. I mentioned the other day, that this stitch is completely new to me. I've never done it before and had to check out Sharon's Stitch Dictionary to see how it's done.

It was pretty easy to get the hang of but I'll admit, if I ever do it again, it will probably tear a hole in the universe! I just don't find it all that attractive. And my addition of beads is nothing unusual or creative. Still, I'm pleased with myself for at least giving it a try.

I worked this seam with 8.5 count waste canvas. If you like to work perfectly spaced stitches like I do or if you're just used to working on a grid, I've charted out this stitch for you:

Cretan Stitch

Click on the image to go to my Flickr site where you can download the larger version of the pattern.

I'm going to run my sewing machine today. If all goes well, I might be able to get this sewn up! I'd like to sew up a few new ones too and I have some finishing that I promised to do for Kim so I'm off! See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Mind? I totally agree - beautiful!!

loulee said...

That is stunning Pam. If you're in the mood, can I order a purse like that please?

Pamela Kellogg said...

Loulee, I can't find your email address. Did you want a purse like this or this cellphone pouch? Drop me an email and let me know so I can get things together for you.

Anonymous said...

Pam,

I love the way this turned out! It's so elegant! I hope that you'll do more in this style.

Kim

Susan said...

I really like that one, too, just like everyone else. =) You and I agree on the cretan stitch, but yours looks very nice on there, with the beads. What are the smaller beads on the end? They look faceted.

My favorite seam, though is that buttonhole 1/2 wheel stitch with the beads. It has a very Oriental look to it, to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails