Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dryer Sheet Pansy Projects

You may remember from a few weeks back when I made these pansies using dryer sheets.

Dryer Sheet Pansies

Yes, you read that correctly, fabric softener sheets that you put in the dryer with your clothes! The last issue of Quilting Arts magazine suggested that painted dryer sheets are wonderful for adding texture to art quilts. Well, that had my name all over it! The only problem I had is that I don't use dryer sheets. I use liquid fabric softener, so I had to mooch some dryer sheets from my mom! Actually, I had to mooch a whole box!

Anyway, they're painted with Lumier Paints by Jacquard. After doing almost a whole box of fabric sheets, I thought to myself, "ok, this was fun but now what do I do with them?" Of course, I knew I had to use them somehow on a crazyquilt but I was in the middle of some projects and didn't have time to sew up new blocks so I decided on a small project. Pansies!

This pattern came from Judith Montano's "Floral Stitches" book. I think it's that book! Anyway, Judith made her pansies from velvet. Using Heat & Bond, I fused the painted dryer sheets to pastel cotton fabric, cut out the pansies and blanket stitched them.

Once they were done, I had to decide on what to do with the pansies. I have one put away for a crazyquilt and with the other three, I made these:

Dryer Sheet Pansy Doorknocker

One of my famous "doorknockers".

Pansy Handbag Purple

Pansy Handbag Yellow

And two little handbags!

The crocheted lace is vintage. I found it at a flea market last Summer. The doorknocker will be a gift for later this year and I was going to put the little handbags in my shop but I don't think I can part with them. Well, I don't think I can part with the purple one. I have a new dress that it would look great with! The butterfly charms came from WalMart.

So check back in a few weeks for more dryer sheet projects! Have loads of ideas. Wish I had loads of more stitching time!

3 comments:

katiejayinpa said...

Pam, I love all your blog entries and look forward to many happy hours cruising through all your sites, but i am wondering why there is such an enormous blank space between the title of the blog and the actual beginning of it?
ktj

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your lovely compliments.

As for the blank space, I'm wondering if my logo isn't showing up on your computer. What should be in that blank space is the same design that appears at the top of my website: http://www.kittyandme.com

That's the only thing I can think of. It shows up on my computer fine.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

What an incredible idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails