Crazy Quilting, Cross Stitch and Embroidery Blog

Home Of CRAZY QUILT QUARTERLY MAGAZINE!


Add This To

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beaded Crazy Quilting - A New Book!

I was in the bookstore yesterday to pick up the Spring issue of Quilting Arts magazine. Wow, there are some neat things in this issue. I especially love the handbags!

Spring Quilting Arts

And to see more beautiful little purses, visit Julia's site. She posted photos of some real beauties that she made!

So onto the new Crazy Quilting book. As I was saying, I went into the bookstore for my Quilting Arts magazine and I always stop and look through the quilting books just in case something new in Crazy Quilting shows up. And it did!

Beaded Crazy Quilting Book

Beaded Crazy Quilting by Cindy Gorder is a beautiful book loaded with great embellishing techniques for Crazy Quilting and other projects. Some of which, I never thought of!

There's some really neat projects in here, including a cellphone pouch, a woven ribbon sachet, a eyeglass pouch and lots more! I haven't had time to read through it yet but I've looked at the pictures several times and it's wonder I haven't ruined my book by drooling all over it! Oh, there's also a pattern in here for a gorgeous peacock feather!

If you would like to try some small projects, this would be a great book to start with!

In answer to Pat's question on my Peacock quilt, yes, I will post a photo of the entire quilt when it's complete. I usually scan my daily progress but my husband made a wonderful quilt frame for 15 inch quilts and I don't want to keep taking it on and off the frame.

For those of you who haven't been to Pat Winter's blog, take a peek! Pat has shared some really gorgeous work on her blog!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you so much for the "heads up" on this book!

pat winter said...

Oh dear! Another book ! If you say it is good, I must have a look. I just spent $90.00 at Barnes&Nobles last week. Thank goodness for gift certificates! Thank you for letting us know about this book, it looks fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails