Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Victorian Poinsettia Quilt Completed

One of the things I was trying to complete during my absence, was the Victorian Poinsettia quilt.

Poinsettia1

As you can see, I bordered it with a red fabric and then a lace border around the block. The lace had to be sewn on by hand which is very time consuming. I bound the edges with a different red print, one that had some metallic gold on it. The binding is sewn onto the front of the quilt by machine but on the back, it is handsewn on with blind stitching. Again, rather time consuming.

PoinsettiaLabel

Finally, I added my quilt label and finished it off with a pretty trim, again, all sewn on by hand.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails