Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Pink Peacock Is Now Complete!


Brown Block8
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, I'm actually a little sad that I've completed this block. I have so much enjoyed working on it. I trimmed the bottom right brown velvet patch with some metallic gold braid. It's sort of an antique gold. Very pretty. I embellished that a bit with some gold beads and some embroidery.

I went back to the top right patch and embellished the rose applique with some flower beads, then added some more flower beads to the seam above the feather.

I added a small filagree charm to the patch on the right of the peacock and that left me with white patch at the top left.

I tried various buttons and charms and nothing seemed to work. Then I had the idea to do a few little tatted flowers. Perfect! I worked those up, sewed them down, stitched a few leaves and added some seed beads and guess what? It's complete. I can't tell you how much I love this block! It sure looks different than it did before I started doesn't it?

1 comment:

Linda said...

How wonderful!!!!

I sometimes use the thread left on the shuttle when I finish a piece to just make little fowers that I put by until I need them. Which I realise doesn't make a lot of sense to a needle tatter anyway ......

However, all I do are 8-double stitch rings, with a picot at every stitch. Then I just clump them together.

Love the moon on the other peacock too. Just perfect. Did you know peacocks like to camp high in trees at night??? Seems strange for what we think of as a ground-dwelling bird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails