Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Moonlit Peacock


BluePeacockBlock
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, while I was working on the Pink Peacock block, I started to feel as if the blue peacock block needed just a little more embellishing. While playing with my buttons for the pink one, I also layed a few buttons out on this block. The button I used just happened to land where it is now next to the peacock and instantly, it looked like the moon to me! It even has a "glow" to it! I knew then that my blue peacock was now enjoying a moonlit evening!

Also, I liked the way my tatted flowers looked on my pink peacock block so I did a few for this block as well.

My biggest challenge with these is to not cover my brocades too much. I love the brocades and I always and them to show up well. Anyway, I think the tatted flowers worked out well so look for more of them in upcoming blocks!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Have you given any thought to my suggestion of more peacock blocks in different colour schemes? You have done blue and pink, now what about green, yellow or purple? (as if you don't have enough to do without my inane suggestions...)

Pamela Kellogg said...

Gina, oh yes, it's funny you mention this! I've given it some thought and I like it! Esp. since I'm obsessed with peacocks now! I blame it on Linda!

I'll have to keep my eye open at the next flea market for some more costume jewelry pieces to use for tails. I don't think I have anything in yellow, green or purple.

Yes, it's an obsession, along with the apron thing and then transfer thing and everything else I do! I never do anything on a small scale. Except for cooking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails