Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Hummingbirds In My Garden!


Hummingbird13
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
One of the most treasured gifts I've ever received came from my model stitcher, Kim.
Two Summer's ago, after trying 2 different Hummingbird Feeders, a package arrived in my mailbox. It was this little Hummingbird Feeder. The HummZinger. The day after I hung it out in my garden, I had a hummingbird!

Here up north, we only have one species, the Ruby Throat. This little hummingbird, the tiniest of all birds, is a female. Only the male hummingbirds have the red throat.

I took these photos 2 weeks ago. You just don't get any closer than this!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Janet said...

So pretty
I haven't seen one here in a long time! Green with envy!

Janet said...

So pretty
I haven't seen one here in a long time! Green with envy!

Gina E. said...

Oh Pam, how delightful! Another thing we have in common it seems - a love of birds, and nature in general. We have a couple of bird feeders around our place, one right on the front porch, and we have several diffent kinds of Aussie native birds come and feed there on seed and fruit that I put out daily. We have Rainbow Lorikeets, Pink Galahs, Magpies, Currawongs, and occasionally, Eastern Rosellas and even a Kookaburra! At night the possums come down from the trees looking for anything the birds have left. I will see about putting some photos of our birds on my blog...see what you have started?!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Gina, I would love to see some your birds! Yes, I love have a great love for nature. I have a bird feeder right on my front porch too. In fact, I had a rare European Goldfinch on the feeder the other day! I had to look him up in my bird book! Looking forward to your bird photos!

Gina E. said...

Okay. I just have to find my snaps and scan them..they are buried in a cupboard somewhere, so don't hold your breath! But I won't forget. (Writing note to Self right now)

Related Posts with Thumbnails