Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Harvest Peacock?


Autumn Block 1
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, this will be my next block. It'll probably be a few days before I start it. I want to do some iron-on transfer embroidery first. I just thought you'd like to see this one. I'm thinking, maybe another peacock in the series. Will have to stare at it for a few days before deciding.

I'm not quite sure what the orange fabric is. It may be a cotton lame' but I'm not 100% sure. It has a lovely gold shimmer to it. The brown is a cotton print with gold metallic outlining the design. The solid gold is a crushed lame'. Very cool looking but hard to sew. Last but not least, the leaf fabric is a sheer organza with metallic gold & copper embossed leaves on it. I put some plain gold lame' behind it. This stuff is tricky because the embossed leaves are not ironable! I pretty much had to finger press it to the best of my ability!

So stay tuned to see where I go with this one!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Or an Autumn ("Fall"?) Peacock - yes, yes, yes! I can just see it stitched in gold metallic thread over those colours!

Janet said...

I love those colors together Pam! I am waiting to see what you do with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails