Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Butterfly Block Day 1


Butterfly Block2
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
It doesn't look like much, but it took me about 3 1/2 hours to stitch the butterfly yesterday. I stitched her with 3 strands of DMC floss and 2 strands of Kreinik Blending Filament.

I decided instead of using tracing paper to apply the design to the fabric, I would try tissue paper instead. Is it Linda at Chloe's Place who uses tissue paper? I can't remember. The tissue paper worked quite well. It was much easier to get out from under the outline stitches than the tracing paper is. Once I had the butterfly all filled in, I traced it again onto another piece of tissue paper and then stitched the veins in the wings.

The sparklies don't show up well in the scan. This is really cool looking in person! She'll get some beads or crystals eventually but I'd like to get some of the seams covered first.

I'm off to add some more stitching to it!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Pam,
I don't do quilting, however, I know someone who presses the material to waxed paper before cutting it and applying it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails